[Lexicog] Re: agreed-upon minimum size for lexicographic corpora

Tsvi Sadan tsvi.sadan@gmail.com [lexicographylist] lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Wed Jul 6 02:43:44 UTC 2016

> An article in the most recent issue of Lexikos (Vol 25, 2015, pp
> 285-300) discusses the issue of corpus size, using one million
> words as a minimum. It is
>
> Corpus-based Lexicography for Lesser-resourced Languages -
> Maximizing the Limited Corpus, by D J Prinsloo.

Thank you very much. Of course, I know this article and have even read
it through three times, but for another purpose. The issue it
addresses is different from my question.

I would also like to thank all those who have taken the trouble of
answering my question.

I thought I once read in some place I don't remember now that the
minimum sizes for lexicographic corpora to be used for making
unabridged and pedagogical abridged general dictionaries are ten and
one billion words respectively, but I might have seen this only in my
dream.

--
Tsvi Sadan
Department of Hebrew and Semitic Languages

Posted by: Tsvi Sadan <tsvi.sadan at gmail.com>

    lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com