[Lexicog] Wolf revision announcement

Dan Harvey HarveyD@sou.edu [lexicographylist] lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Wed Sep 7 14:54:39 UTC 2016

With significant help from Wayne Leman working with the Cheyenne tribe, an
updated version of the WOLF 2.0 indigenous dictionary application is
available. The new version represents refinements to fully be able to
import language dictionaries created using MDF format and corrects a
variety of other issues that we came across. All of the MDF markers are now
properly supported.

Wolf 2.0 also creates web-sites and mobile versions that display using the
Android and Apple Acorns Gallery apps. In the Fall, we are hoping to be
able to add two export options. These will enable dictionaries output in
RTF format and enable creation of web-pages independent of the Mobile
application. Both of these options allow for user-defined templates that
determine the printable format.

On another issue, Dave Sienko working with the Tulalip language reported an
issue where Acorns web-pages and mobile apps were not compatible with some
recent iPhone devices. This issue has been corrected and Acorns version
8.3, and the Acorns Mobile application is now available for download.

Finally, The Android Acorns Gallery application now better supports
importing from DropBox and Google Drive.

Wolf and Acorns software are both free for non-commercial use. Downloads
and documentation are available at http://cs.sou.edu/~harveyd

Thanks for listening, dan

--
Dr. Dan Harvey