Burquest's query/ies

LFG List dalrympl at parc.xerox.com
Mon Apr 10 16:25:19 UTC 1995

Dear Steven

Thank you for your response!  I have to study it a bit now and see where I
am on all this.  I really am quite enamored with LFG myself (Paul Kroeger
who finished his PhD at Stanford a few years ago is a good friend), though
I have a major investment in GB and like it well enough to be relatively
pleased with the results I get.  But in trying to explain this material
to my students, my control is just not good enough yet to field the
questions in such a way as to let the theory be well represented.  Did
some more reading over the weekend.  Yes, I have Sells' book, and I have
found it helpful, but (unless I just haven't grasped it) there still seems
to be just enough slippage for me to be uncertain.  Mary has been a gib
(read:  big!--I don't know how to go back to the previous line!) help, and
I am downloading more files from her today to study.  Thanks for your off
er to help, I'm sure I'll be in touch!

Don