Response to Alsina on Causatives?

Joan Bresnan bresnan at CSLI.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jun 13 04:10:32 UTC 1996

Avery, I have not read this yet, but The latest LI (vol 27 no. 2) has a
Remark and Reply by Maria Guasti, "Semantic Restrictions in Romance
Causatives and the Incorporation Approach". which explicitly addresses
Alsina 1992.  I  am told by one who has read this that it is not a very good
reply and deserves to be rebutted in print, but I haven't yet studied it
myself.

Joan