stumped? Or just can't be bothered?!

Doris Payne dlpayne at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Fri Jun 21 17:51:59 UTC 1996

express a proposition -- I would strongly disagree with that assessment!
The proposition that I clearly have/understand for this is something
along the lines of:
   What a short book this/that is!
I.e., it's like a predicate nominal with a zero copula.  Added to that is
some predicate/modal of AMAZEMENT, coded via intonation.  Intonation is,
of course, just as good a coding form as is a structural zero, or some
overt predicate piece.
	-- Doris Payne