25 most important LFG works?

Mary Dalrymple dalrympl at parc.xerox.com
Wed Aug 20 22:26:04 UTC 1997

I'm writing the article on LFG for the forthcoming MIT Encyclopedia of
Cognitive Science, and I'm hoping to get some help and suggestions
from the list for a bibliography.  Besides the 10 or so items that I
will actually cite in the article, they would like a general
bibliography of up to 25 books, book chapters, or articles on LFG to
be included in a general cognitive science bibliography that will be
included in the volume.

What I'd like to get is some suggestions on what that list should
contain.  I'd be interested in getting a list of 3, or 4, or anywhere
up to 25 titles of LFG references that you think are really central
and shouldn't be omitted.  I will of course include references to the
standard collections: The Mental Representation of Grammatical
Relations, Papers in Lexical-Functional Grammar, and Formal Issues in
Lexical-Functional Grammar, so I'd be most interested in suggestions
for material not included in those volumes.

Thanks!  I appreciate your help with this.  I'll let everyone know
what the results are!

 - Mary