FHCG-98

Mary Dalrymple dalrympl at parc.xerox.com
Mon Dec 8 16:35:37 UTC 1997

Hi -- I'd like to encourage everyone on the LFG List to consider
submitting an abstract to this conference.  I've been on the program
committee for the Formal Grammar conference for the last several
years, and I have always been disappointed at the small number of
LFG-related abstracts I've seen.  This is a really good forum for
LFG-oriented work, so please think about submitting to this
conference!  Some of the information from the announcement circulated
earlier is repeated below.

 - Mary

FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98 FHCG-98

		   JOINT CONFERENCE  ON FORMAL GRAMMAR,
	HEAD-DRIVEN PHRASE STRUCTURE GRAMMAR, AND CATEGORIAL GRAMMAR

            		 August 14-16, 1998,
			Saarbrueken,  Germany

			FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

FHCG-98 combines the 4th conference on Formal Grammar and the 5th conference
on Head-driven Phrase Structure Grammar. It precedes the 10th European
Summer School in Logic, Language, and Information (ESSLLI X).

AIMS and SCOPE

FHCG-98 hopes to provide a platform for presentation of new and original
research on formal grammar, head-driven phrase structure grammar, and
categorial grammar.

Themes of interest include, but are not limited to,

* formal and computational syntax, semantics, and pragmatics;
* head-driven phrase structure grammar and categorial grammar;
* model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
* constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
* foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar.

SPECIAL SESSIONS and INVITED SPEAKERS

The conference will feature a number of special sessions and invited speakers.
The second call for papers will provide details on how to submit for the
special sessions.

SUBMISSION DETAILS

We invite E-MAIL submissions of abstracts for 30-minute papers (including
questions and comments).

A submission should consist of two parts:

- an information sheet (in ascii), containing the name of the author(s),
  affiliation(s), e-mail and postal address(es) and a title;

- an abstract, consisting of a description of not more than 5 pages
  (including figures and references). Abstracts may be either in plain
  ASCII or in (unix-compatible encoded) postscript, PDF, or DVI.

Abstracts can be sent to

	fg at ufal.mff.cuni.cz (Geert-Jan M. Kruijff)