Textbook needed

Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au Avery.Andrews at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 5 17:18:20 UTC 1998

Thanks for the plug; I think it does have some problems, which is one reason
it's still a draft (also a publisher who looked at it a few years ago didn't
see a market), but I think that recent work in LFG may be providing a good
basis for overcoming some of these problems.  Anyway  I think that a
combination of some of my chapters and some of the ones form Joan Bresnan's
s might work outOK, basically mine to provide an initial grasp of what
phrase-structure & grammatical functions are for & how they work, & Joan's
to then get people up to speed on the current state of things.  I'd like to
try to re-do it as something that people could read before taking on Joan's
book, but unfortunately I've got some other things that I have to get done
first.