VP/V' proforms (`do so') in LFG

Adam Przepiorkowski adamp at sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de
Sat Mar 7 17:53:28 UTC 1998

Referring to Joan Bresnan's reply to George Broadwell's message:

> > d.) Some proforms (approximately equal to "do so" in English) seem to refer
> > to the V + OBJ as a constituent.  I am unsure whether LFG wants to assume
> > that proforms refer to constituents.
>
> This is not a theory-internal matter.  Both this hypothesis and its
> opposite can and have been made in various frameworks, including LFG.

Could you let me know which works discuss VP (or V') proforms (or
*apparent* proforms) from the LFG point of view?  I'd be grateful for any
references, but esp. to specific analyses of English `do so' (or its
cognates in other languages).

Best regards,

	Adam

--
           ,
ADAM PRZEPIORKOWSKI

Universitaet Tuebingen             office: (+49 7071) 2972741
Seminar fuer Sprachwissenschaft    home:   (+49 7071) 62410
Wilhelmstr. 113                    email:  adamp at sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de
D-72074 Tuebingen
Germany

WWW: http://www.sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de/~adamp/