Assumption grammars

John C. Paolillo johnp at LING.UTA.EDU
Thu Apr 8 13:53:44 UTC 1999

Dear Listers --

I don't do LFG actively so I have only been dimly
aware of something called linear logic.  While
on the newsgroup comp.lang.prolog, however, I
happened upon a reference to the following:

Veronica Dahl and Paul Tarau ?
>    Linkname: Assumption Grammars: Parsing as Hypothetical Reasoning

Aparently this is a linear logic-ish extension to
the Bin-Prolog of Paul Tarau.  See also

http://www.binnetcorp.com

I'm wondering (a) if people know about this, and
(b) if anyone can comment on its suitability
for the kind of things that people (such as
Dalrymple et al.) want to do with linear logic
in LFG.

Thanks,

John C. Paolillo
UTA Linguistics