new site for LFG List

Mary Dalrymple dalrymple at parc.xerox.com
Fri Jan 22 20:32:39 UTC 1999

The LFG List has moved to a new site, maintained by the people who run
the Linguist List.  I think this will be a big improvement for
everyone, and I'm grateful to the people at the Linguist List for
providing this service.

I've moved all the LFG List subscribers from the old Stanford site to
the new site, so if you were already a subscriber you don't have to do
anything -- you are already subscribed to the new list.

There are some changes and improvements that you will want to know
about.  Please save this message for future reference.

SUBMISSIONS TO THE LFG LIST:

Submissions to the LFG List should be sent to:

		    LFG at listserv.linguistlist.org

SUBSCRIBING, UNSUBSCRIBING, MODIFYING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION:

The easiest way to subscribe or unsubscribe to the LFG List or to
modify your subscription is by visiting:

	   http://linguistlist.org/subscribing/sub-lfg.html

If you prefer, you can set up your subscription to the LFG List so
that you get only one message per day containing all submissions to
the list from that day -- this the "DIGEST" option.  Do this by
visiting the web page listed above.  The page also provides a way to
stop your subscription temporarily or restart it, report the status of
your subscription, and more.

LIST ARCHIVE:

Contributions sent to the LFG List list are automatically archived at:

	  http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lfg.html

This is a very nice searchable archive.  I've moved a lot of the
messages from previous years to this archive.

SENDING COMMANDS BY EMAIL:

If you don't have access to the web, or if you prefer to send commands
by email, you can send commands to LISTSERV at listserv.linguistlist.org
(please note: address the message to LISTSERV, not LFG).  This is also
the way to retrive files like the FAQ, the LFG Bibliography, and the
current LFG Bulletin by email.

To subscribe, send the message

			    subscribe lfg

To unsubscribe, send the message:

			     signoff lfg

To get a list of the available archive files, send the message

			      index lfg

To get a file, send a message like the following:

			    get <filename>

For instance, to get a copy of the LFG Bibliography, send the message

			   get lfgbib.text

FOR ASSISTANCE:

If you need help with the LFG List or any of the commands described
above,  please contact Mary Dalrymple <dalrymple at parc.xerox.com>.