An interesting read

Yehuda N. Falk msyfalk at mscc.huji.ac.il
Fri Jul 28 15:37:57 UTC 2000

All,

Shalom Lappin, Robert Levine, and David Johnson have recently written a
critique of the blind adoption of the Minimalist Program by many former
GB-ers. They compare the blind faith displayed in Chomsky with the status
of great scientists like Einstein in their fields.

I think the piece is a sad but true commentary on the state of our field.
For anyone interested, the URL is:

http://semantics.phil.kcl.ac.uk/lapp_lev_johns/

It is entitled "The Structure of Unscientific Revolutions."

Regards,
Your List Maintainer

                            Yehuda N. Falk
       Department of English, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
                     Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
                        msyfalk at mscc.huji.ac.il
      Personal Web Site    http://pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il/~msyfalk/
     Departmental Web Site    http://atar.mscc.huji.ac.il/~english/

"And because, in all the galaxy, they had found nothing more precious
than  Mind,  they  encouraged  its dawning  everywhere.  They  became
farmers  in the  fields of stars;  they  sowed,  and  sometimes  they
reaped."
--Arthur C. Clarke, 2001: A Space Odyssey