Call for contributions: LFG Analysis of Chinese

Adams Bodomo abbodomo at HKUSUA.HKU.HK
Tue Jul 2 04:45:17 UTC 2002

Call for contributions:

Dear colleagues,

Thank you very much for your participation in the LFG01 workshop and in the
International Workshop on Lexical-Functional Grammar Analysis of Chinese
held on 1 June, 2002. As you all know, these workshops aimed to bring
together key researchers on LFG approaches to the analysis of the Chinese
language. We ultimately plan to edit a selection of the workshop papers for
publication as a special issue of the Journal of Chinese Linguistics. This
issue is devoted to works concerning the LFG Analysis of Chinese. We are
writing to invite contributions for this special issue of the journal.
Those of you receiving this note who did not participate at the workshops
are also welcome to send us any of your unpublished works to review for the
monograph. Some useful information may be found below:

Submissions:
Papers should be 25 to 30 pages long including one-page abstract, data,
diagrams, endnotes, and bibliography. Please send your papers to Ms. Sophia
Lee at leeym at hkusua.hku.hk.

JCL format:
Authors who wish to submit papers should send in three hard copies of the
paper, including both Chinese and English abstracts. A computer disk
prepared in WORD for WINDOWS should also be enclosed. These materials are
not returned, whether or not the paper is accepted for publication.

JCL uses endnotes rather than footnotes, and simplified characters in
kaishu. Most of the Chinese characters are based on the Big5 code,
displayed as TrueType fonts. IPA characters are based on the SIL TrueType
fonts. Authors should consult a recent issue of JCL for details of style
requirements. Additional information may be obtained by sending e-mail to
jcl at socrates.berkeley.edu.

Deadlines:
Papers are due by 31st July, 2002.

Thank you for your interest. We hope that this special issue will play an
important role in bringing together the most advanced research on this topic
and in so doing bring to light specific features of the Chinese language as
well as linguistic theory. We are looking forward to receiving your
contributions.

Yours sincerely,
Adams Bodomo
Associate Professor