ACL-02 Call for Participation and Online Registration

Priscilla Rasmussen rasmusse at CS.RUTGERS.EDU
Fri May 17 20:54:09 UTC 2002

				ACL-02
 		40th  ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE OF THE
	      ASSOCIATION FOR COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS

		      PLEASE WATCH THIS WEBSITE
     FOR FURTHER INFORMATION  and  FOR ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION
			http://www.acl02.org

**We now have a secure server to handle registrations.  It is preferred
that registrations be made online at the conference website if
possible**

Dear ACL members and past members:  This year, we are trying something
new-We are experimenting with online registrations and providing all
information via the web.  Please note that this is an abbreviated
announcement.  The website will provide full details of the meeting,
including Main Conference Preliminary Program, Tutorial and Workshop
descriptions, and EMNLP Conference information plus registration and
housing.

We hope you will join us in Philadelphia for our 40th anniversary.  We
have a wonderful program planned. And, the ACL Executive Committee has
instituted a Lifetime Achievement Award, the first of which will be
presented this year to a prominent member of our research community who
will then give a special invited talk.  There will also be a Best Paper
Award presented at the closing session  Additionally, we have an
incredible surprise for each attendee!  So, do plan to come!

Conference dates:
Tutorials: Sunday, July 7, 2002
Main Conference: Monday, July 8th  through Wednesday, July 10th, 2002
Workshops: Thursday, July 11th and Friday, July 12th, 2002

Conference locations:
Main Conference: Perelman Quadrangle on the campus of the University
		 of Pennsylvania
Parallel Sessions: Houston Hall
Exhibit Hall: Logan Hall
Plenary Sessions: Irvine Auditorium
Open House: Institute for Research in Cognitive Science