LFG 2004

Ash Asudeh asudeh at csli.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 1 06:07:47 UTC 2003

Dear list members,

As many of you know, LFG 2004 is to be held at the University of
Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. It is being organized by Ida
Toivonen and me.

We have come up with tentative dates for the conference and wish to hear
if there are special concerns before firming things up.

We've attempted to place the conference in the intersection of as many
study breaks as possible.

We are also trying to set up a one week summer school immediately BEFORE
the conference. The summer school will be an opportunity for those less
familiar with LFG to gain more in-depth knowledge of the theory before the
conference, thus enabling talks to be followed better by those newer to
the theory.

The dates:

Conference: Monday July 5th to Wednesday July 7th 2004.
Summer school (if it happens): Monday June 28th to Friday July 2nd 2004.

There may be some concern that the conference does not include a Saturday,
since this makes air travel potentially more expensive, but our thinking
was that since New Zealand is quite far from most places, attendees would
probably like to arrive a day or two before the conference in any case. We
would organize an outing for the Sunday preceding the conference.

Please send us your thoughts,
Ash Asudeh