ALS 2004: FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

Jane Simpson jhs at mail.usyd.edu.au
Tue Dec 23 13:34:27 UTC 2003

*ALS 2004: FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS*

The Australian Linguistics Society is holding its Annual Conference
(ALS2004) at the University of Sydney, in Sancta Sophia College, 13-15 July 2004.

ALS 2004 welcomes work on any area of general linguistics, whether
descriptive, typological, theoretical, sociolinguistic.  Previous
conferences have usually had a good selection of papers on languages of
Australia and the Pacific.

The main conference sessions will involve 30-minute talks (20 min. + 10
min. discussion). Presentations should describe original, unpublished
work.  As well, there will be workshops, including one on
different approaches to historical linguistics.  Papers for workshops
will be arranged by the workshop convenors.

SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS
Submissions should be in the form of abstracts only.  Abstracts can be
up to 500 words in length and should include a title.  They must be
received by March 1, 2004.

You can submit your abstract by e-mail (als2004 at arts.usyd.edu.au),  or by
regular mail.

ALS2004 c/- Walsh, Simpson, Mushin
Linguistics F12
University of Sydney NSW 2006
AUSTRALIA

FAX 61+2-9351-7572

Abstracts may be submitted on the conference webpage
http://conferences.arts.usyd.edu.au/submit.php?cf=4
You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt.  We'd like you to submit
on the webpage, because it will save us time in uploading.  However, since this
is the first time we have used this software, if you submit by web-page,
we'd also like you to e-mail us just to say that you've sent an abstract
(als2004 at arts.usyd.edu.au).

If you don't submit by webpage, please provide the following information:

PAPER TITLE: __________________________________________
(for each author:)
 NAME:
_______________________________

 AFFILIATION:
_______________________________

E-MAIL ADDRESS:        _______________________________
IS AUTHOR A STUDENT? (Y/N) ___
IS AUTHOR A MEMBER OF ALS (Y/N) ___
(for contact author )
 MAIL ADDRESS:
_______________________________

_______________________________

_______________________________
PHONE NUMBER:
You can join the society at the time of the annual conference, or you can
join earlier
by contacting the Treasurer, Associate Professor Doug Absalom
Faculty of Education & Arts,
University of Newcastle, NSW 2300.
Ph. 61-2 49216437
Doug.Absalom at newcastle.edu.au