TLS 8: 2nd Call for papers

TLS Organizing Committee tls at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Nov 4 17:43:33 UTC 2003

2nd CALL FOR PAPERS : Texas Linguistic Society 8

  Issues at the Semantics-Pragmatics Interface
         University of Texas at Austin
        March 5-7, 2004

DESCRIPTION

The aim of TLS 8 is to provide a forum for the presentation of
original research on the interface of semantic and pragmatic theories.
We welcome the submission of papers on topics including (but not
limited to) lexical semantics, presupposition, anaphora resolution,
quantification, propositional attitude attribution, modality and
indexicality within all frameworks, including logical, linguistic,
psycholinguistic and computational approaches.

INVITED SPEAKERS

 Nicholas Asher, University of Texas at Austin
 David Beaver, Stanford University
 James Pustejovsky, Brandeis University
 Bernhard Schwarz, University of Texas at Austin
 Carlota Smith, University of Texas at Austin

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Pascal Denis, Eric McCready, Alexis Palmer, Brian Reese (University of
Texas at Austin)

SUBMISSIONS

Abstracts are invited for 30 minute talks (20 minute presentations
plus 10 minutes for discussion). Abstracts should be anonymous and
confined to two pages (including references) with 1 inch margins.

Electronic submissions are preferred and should be sent to the
following address.

   tls at uts.cc.utexas.edu.

Please submit abstracts as an attachment to an e-mail message (do not
include abstracts in the body of a message). The body of the message
should include the information listed in 1-4 below. PDF files are
preferred, but PS, RTF or text files will be accepted. If necessary
Word submissions will also be accommodated. In this case we discourage
the use of nonstandard fonts, since we may not be able to decipher
them.

1) Name(s) of presenter(s);
2) Affiliation(s) of presenter(s);
3) Postal address, telephone number, and email address;
4) Title of the paper.

Non-electronic submissions should be mailed to the address below:

TLS 8 Abstract Committee
501 Calhoun
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712

Abstracts must be received by December 15, 2003. Notifications of
acceptance or nonacceptance will be sent by January 16, 2004.

For more information, see the conference web site:
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~tls/2004tls/index.html