Job at Delaware

Peter Cole pcole at UDEL.EDU
Tue Sep 30 17:58:18 UTC 2003

I am writing to let you know about our search in psycholinguistics.  Our
ad follows:

Linguistics: Assistant  Professor  of Linguistics.  University  of
Delaware. Tenure track  position,  beginning  Autumn  2004.
Specialization  in  Psycholinguistics  (language processing,
neurolinguistics,  or  first language  acquisition).    Candidate  should
have  an  active  research  program  applying experimental
methodology to one or more of the  core  areas  of  theoretical
linguistics. Ph.D.  required  by  time  of  appointment. Commitment to
excellence in teaching at all levels,  from  introductory  undergraduate
courses  to  graduate  research  seminars. Competitive  salary,
excellent  start-up package.    Preliminary  interviews  likely at
BU/NELS.    To  receive  full  consideration, send application materials
(letter, curriculum vitae,  three  or  more  letters of  recommendation
and sample publications) by November 1,  2003 to Professor Peter
Cole, Chair of the Linguistics Search  Committee,  Department of
Linguistics, 42 E. Delaware Ave., Newark,  DE 19716. E-mail:
pcole at udel.edu;  Voice:  (302)  831-6806;    Fax:    (302)  831-6896;
Department  web  site: http://www.ling.udel.edu/ling.    The  curriculum
vitae  and  letters  of  reference  shall  be shared  with  departmental
faculty. The UNIVERSITY OF  DELAWARE  is  an  Equal Opportunity
Employer which  encourages applications from Minority Group
Members and Women.

We would very much appreciate your recommendations and
nominations, not only of your own students but also of anyone that you
think we should encourage to apply.  As you may know,
psycholinguistics is one of the areas of the department that are slated
for growth.  We may also have a senior appointment in the area in the
near future.

Our department is a pleasant and intellectually exciting place to be,
and Delaware is one of the few research universities to come through
the recent economic crisis as a stronger institution than it was prior to
the crisis.  Thus, salary, start-up, benefits etc. are VERY competitive
here.

We hope that you will share your thoughts about possible candidates
with us and that you will encourage your students/colleague/postdoc
etc. to apply.