qu: reconstruction effects

Joan Bresnan bresnan at csli.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 5 19:03:11 UTC 2004

See Bresnan 2001, Ch. 13 and particularly the historical note on
p. 301.  Picture nouns are not discussed there, but gerundive and AP phrases
are.  In a nutshell, the structure-sharing of lfg extractions already
entails what are now called "reconstruction effects", as was already
noted in 1980.

J.