volunteers for secretary and treasurer of ILFGA

Mary Dalrymple mary.dalrymple at LINGUISTICS-PHILOLOGY.OXFORD.AC.UK
Wed Oct 6 08:31:58 UTC 2004

Tracy Holloway King's term as secretary-treasurer of ILFGA is soon coming to an
end.  Tracy's boundless energy and efficiency have sustained ILFGA from the
beginning, and ILFGA wouldn't even exist if not for her efforts.  She has kept
us on track, made sure the student stipends at the conferences were
distributed, collected ILFGA membership dues, spent hours dealing with
recalcitrant banks and government organizations, and performed a thousand other
tasks behind the scenes that have kept ILFGA running like clockwork.

Hard as she will be to replace, the members of the executive committee are now
looking for someone who is interested in taking up this duty.  The job
description is below.  We think it might work to have two different people in
this job, one for the duties of the secretary and the other for the treasurer.
Since the ILFGA bank account is already set up in the US, it would be best for
the treasurer to also be based in the US, but as far as we can see there are no
geographical constraints on the secretary's role.

So -- if you'd like to take up the position of secretary or treasurer of ILFGA,
please let me or one of the other members of the executive committee know, or
send mail to the LFG List.

 - Mary

>From the ILFGA constitution:

The Secretary-Treasurer shall fulfill the following duties: maintain the
Association's accounts, membership list, correspondence, and web page;
supervise the voting procedure, tally the votes, and announce the results;
submit a yearly report as to the status of the Association to the Executive
Committee and to the Association at the Business Meeting. The Secretary-
Treasurer shall serve for three years and may serve consecutive terms. The
Secretary-Treasurer shall be a non-voting member of the Executive Committee.