Post-Doctoral & Postgraduate Research Opportunities

away at COMPUTING.DCU.IE away at COMPUTING.DCU.IE
Fri Aug 5 14:31:51 UTC 2005

Following the recent award of a large grant by Science Foundation
Ireland, I am pleased to announce a number of openings in the area of
Data-Driven Machine Translation at the National Centre for Language
Technology in the School of Computing, Dublin City University, Ireland.

1. Post-Doctoral Researcher

I have one vacant post-doctoral position in the area of corpus-based MT.
Excellent knowledge of Example-Based or Statistical approaches to MT is a
prerequisite. The successful candidate will be a strong
programmer, and have a good publication record in this field. In
addition, knowledge of Arabic and/or Chinese would be an advantage.

Remuneration will be at the rate of Euro 37,200 per annum. The
position is open from 1st September 2005. A contract of between one and
four years will be awarded.

2. Postgraduate Researchers

There are two openings for PhD researchers in the area of corpus-based MT.
The successful candidates will have a First-class primary degree and/or a
Masters in a numerate discipline. Strong programming skills are required.
Knowledge of MT techniques would be an advantage, as would good to native
language skills in Arabic and/or Chinese.

Each student will receive a stipend of Euro 12,700 p.a., their fees will
be paid (currently Euro 3,400 p.a.), and a generous hardware and travel
allowance will be provided. The total package for each student is
approximately Euro 60,000 over 3 years. These PhD positions are available
from 1st September 2005.

Candidates for either the post-doctoral or postgraduate positions
should send their CV (in .pdf format, only) to away at computing.dcu.ie as
soon as possible, and by August 31st at the latest. Questions or other
clarification should be emailed to the same address.

We look forward to welcoming you to our growing MT team!
Andy.