Hosting LFG 2009 -- A call for proposals

George Aaron Broadwell g.broadwell at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 25 16:56:00 UTC 2007

Dear Colleagues,

At the business meeting of the upcoming LFG conference in Stanford, we will
be discussing proposals to host the LFG conference in the summer of 2009.

In accord with our policy of alternating conference sites, preference will
be given to proposals from Europe.

Those interested in hosting the conference usually give a short presentation
at the annual meeting; if no one from the potential host university is
available, another attendee may present the proposal on its behalf.

In the event that there is more than one potential host, the Executive
Committee elicits input from the membership and makes a choice among the
candidates.

Our annual conferences are immensely important to the success of our
discipline and are terrific opportunities for social and intellectual
interchange.  ILFGA owes much of its success to those who volunteer their
efforts on its behalf.

If you would be interested in hosting the conference or in learning more
about the details of hosting it, please contact me or any other member of
the ILFGA Executive Committee.

Sincerely,

George Aaron Broadwell
Secretary-Treasurer
International Lexical-Functional Grammar Association
http://www-lfg.stanford.edu/lfg/ilfga/