LFG meeting, 6 February, SOAS

Mary Dalrymple mary.dalrymple at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 11:37:43 UTC 2010

Given the relatively high concentration of people in the south of England doing LFG, we are planning a student-oriented meeting for presentations and discussion of various topics from an LFG perspective.  It is planned for Saturday, 6 February, at SOAS, London  (halfway between Oxford and Essex).  We hope that this will be the first of a series of termly meetings.  Please feel free to attend if you are interested, or if you would like more information please get in touch with me.   The schedule is below.

6 February, Room 4418, SOAS main building, Russell Square

Directions to SOAS: http://www.soas.ac.uk/visitors/location/maps/

Sign in when you arrive to get a badge that allows you to enter the SOAS main building.

Schedule:

10:30 - 11:30: Constraints on c-structure, with a focus on Icelandic (Peter Sells)

11:30 - 12:30: Body part incorporation and external possesson in Wubuy (Louisa Sadler)

12:30-1:30: lunch

1:30 - 2:30: Projection architecture (Louise Mycock)

2:30-4: Information structure and glue (Mary Dalrymple)

4-5: Discussion, planning for next time