PhD scholarships in Computational Linguistics

Mark Johnson mark.johnson at MQ.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 8 04:27:26 UTC 2010

I've moved to the Dept of Computing at Macquarie University, in Sydney,
Australia, and I'm recruiting PhD students interested in Machine
Learning, Statistical Modelling and Computational Linguistics.  While my
own research focuses on syntactic parsing of text and speech, and
Bayesian models for learning grammars (see
http://web.science.mq.edu.au/~mjohnson/ ), students interested in any
area of computational linguistics can apply.

Macquarie University has very active language acquisition and
psycholinguistics groups (e.g., we have a MEG machine for real-time
brain imaging). It's a great place for anyone interested in
computational models of language acquisition or psycholinguistics, and
Sydney is a wonderful place to live!

For more details, email me at Mark.Johnson at mq.edu.au.