FW: Today's Report

Mary Dalrymple mary.dalrymple at LING-PHIL.OX.AC.UK
Sun Jun 17 21:13:22 UTC 2012

From: Brandel D. Falk [ImaBDF at inter.net.il]
Sent: 17 June 2012 21:59
To: Mary Dalrymple
Subject: Today's Report

      I just sent this update to Joan Bresnan (and many others!), but
she's away from her keyboard.  Do you mind sending it out to the LFG
community?  I picked you because your e-mail address was easiest to
find in my in box.  :)

[Mass update again; feel free to share with anyone and
everyone...  Some of it will be a repeat for some people.]

      Good news today!  The doctor says Yehuda's improving.  Liver
function and bp are both doing better--those are the two things that
need to work better.

      They are hoping to extubate [take him off the respirator] this
week, and they think he may regain *full* consciousness (more than
the half opening his eyes and able to simple yes/no questions by head
motion) by Wednesday or Thursday.  No major procedures (i.e.
surgeries) planned, so no reversals expected.

      He still needs one more major surgery (next week or even the
week after), then several "minor procedures" that are much less
likely to be a serious threat to his life or health.  But they now
think he's going to make it.  The doctor that gave him a 50% chance
of survival before the previous surgery (early Monday morning) said
60% after he made it through the first day afterwards.  This is the
first time he's had better-than-even odds, so we're taking that as
really good news!

Brandel

Thieves broke into police headquarters and stole all the toilets.

The police have nothing to go on...