Update on Yehuda Falk

Joan Bresnan bresnan at stanford.edu
Mon May 28 19:51:13 UTC 2012

Here are two messages from Brandel Falk, Yehuda's wife, updating his
condition.  They just arrived this morning (for me in California).  --Joan

Brandel Falk (ImaBDF at inter.net.il):

1)
The more optimistic doctor was on duty today.  He told me there was
*almost* no hope (a huge improvement over "no hope"!) and there was even
"slight improvement" (but very slight) in Yehuda's condition.  He did not
specify what type of improvement, and I didn't think to ask.  However, the
nurse did indicate that kidney function was slightly improved...

    The doctor also reminded me (as if I could forget!!) that, if Yehuda
survives, he will be very messed up physically.  It's too early to tell
just what that might mean.

Brandel

2)
    There is a blessing traditional Jews say several times a day, thanking
God for bringing the dead back to life (meaning in the future, at the time
of the Messiah).  We've already experienced it once with Yehuda--the first
weekend after he went into the hospital, he had been basically dead and
wasn't expected to live beyond a couple more days at best.  We're hoping
this is a turn-around to do it again...

    So many of the LFG people wrote to me when I sent you that first
e-mail.  I don't know most of them (I met a few in Athens when I went there
with Yehuda), but I recognized the names as Yehuda has mentioned them a
number of times.  In fact, I think I got more responses (relatively) from
the LFG community than any other!

    In any case, warm wishes, vibes, thoughts, and prayers are still
extremely welcome!!

Brandel

Thieves broke into police headquarters and stole all the toilets.

The police have nothing to go on...

--
Joan Bresnan
Stanford University