ellipse treatment in LFG

Muhammad Alzaidi mohd.zaidi2007 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 5 14:55:54 UTC 2013

Hi Augustin,

This topic `gapping' I dealt with it within LFG framework as my MA
dissertation titled "*Gapping and Right-Node raising: an LFG approach*"....
we did the analysis on Gapping in Hijazi Arabic and we did some references
to other languages as well... we found that the well-assumed approach in
LFG, to my knowledge, is  Maxwell and Maaning's approach.. However, this
approach, as far as we can see,  seems to fail to account for Gapping so,
we adopt a function spreading approach to Gapping in HA within this
framework and show how it is able to account for the facts of Gapping in HA
identied in this study, using mechanisms proposed independently for other
construction types. The abstract for the analysis is attached... if you
find it interesting, hopefully, you can download it from here

http://www.essex.ac.uk/linguistics/dissertations/2010/list.aspx

Wish you the best, and keep me updated with what you find :)

Muhammad

 Muhammad ALZAIDI
PhD student
University of Essex
Department of Language and Linguistics
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~msalza/
"Things become much easier if we wait and think!"