New parser for the LFG formalism

Παναγιώτης Μίνος pminos at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 9 13:45:26 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the implementation of a new parser for the LFG
formalism.

This parser is the result of Mr Panagiotis Minos ΜΑ dissertation in the
framework of the two-year MA programme "Technoglossia" (*
http://www.phil.uoa.gr/metaptyxiakes-spoydes/diepisthmoniko-diapanepisthmiako-pms-texnoglwssia.html
*) organised by the University of Athens (*http://en.uoa.gr/*) and the
National Technical University of Athens (*http://www.ntua.gr/index_en.html*).

This implementation is a Java cross-platform application and has Unicode
support. It handles both Latin and Greek character sets. We expect that it
will soon have full Unicode support. The parser offers a GUI for editing
grammars and for displaying annotated trees and feature structures.

The software is currently in beta stage and some bugs may still exist.
However, it is stable enough and it is being used for the parsing of
grammars for the LFG course currently offered in the MA programme
Technoglossia by Dr. Markantonatou.

The software documentation is available mainly in the Greek language while
English documentation is only basic. We plan to release full English
documentation soon.

For further information please feel free to contact the author of the
software, Panagiotis Minos [pminos at gmail dot com].

Stella Markantonatou, Research Director at ILSP, thesis supervisor
(*http://www.ilsp.gr/en/infoprojects/meta?view=member&task=show&id=38*)
Yanis Maistros, Assistant Professor of NTUA, thesis supervisor
(*
http://www.ece.ntua.gr/index.php?option=com_dep&task=profile&id=76&Itemid=62&lang=en
*)
Panagiotis Minos, MA student