LFG 2014 Conference Site and Information update

Damir Cavar damir at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Wed Mar 19 16:11:44 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

please note that we just updated the LFG conference site with new
relevant information related to accommodation and venue:

http://lfg-conference.org/

If you intend to participate in the LFG 2014 conference in Ann Arbor in
July 2014, please do try to identify the right accommodation and make a
reservation soon. The summer is very busy here with a lot of events, and
the hotels in walking distance or close to the University of Michigan
will be most likely booked out soon.

If you have any questions wrt. the conference and the local
arrangements, contact us at the email address on the web-site above, or
Malgosia and me directly.

Just another note: for future LFG conference organizers, we have
reserved the domain name "lfg-conference.org" for two years now, and
whoever would be interested, could take over the management of the
domain name for future conferences. We can host the website (and archive
old ones) locally on our LINGUIST List servers as well.

Let me use this opportunity to also emphasize that The LINGUIST List is
running its 2014 fund drive. After two years we are again forced to ask
the community to help us and support our work and free services. As you
might know, LINGUIST is maintained by an international group of
programmers and student editors, and volunteering faculty members. It is
an academic non-profit organization. The only financial support it gets
is from the paid job advertisements and the supporting publishers, and
your donations. Your donations are exclusively used to fund the student
editors who edit and run the site and list-server. We really need your
support.

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2014/

Thank you!

Best wishes

Damir

--
Please support the LINGUIST List with a donation - Fund Drive 2014:
http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2014/

Dr Damir Cavar
Director of the Institute for Language Information and Technology
Moderator of The LINGUIST List
Eastern Michigan University
http://linguistlist.org/people/damir_cavar.html