LFG conference in 2015 and listserver

Damir Cavar damir at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Fri Oct 3 15:30:47 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

as mentioned at LFG 2014, we (LINGUIST List) own the domain lfg-conference.org, and we can set it up as either pointing to a local conference site, or you can place your page code directly on our server. We can provide the organizers of 2015 with SFTP or SSH, or even web-based file management.

We can store there all previous websites as well. For archiving purposes this might be interesting. Often a lot of interesting details are on the webpages, potentially valuable to the community.

If you have the data of one of the former LFG websites, let us know (linguist at linguistlist.org, or Malgosia or me) and we can try to put it up on one of our servers and set up the archive.

Also:

As a last step in the relocation saga, LINGUIST List going Indiana, we are moving the LISTSERV physically from Michigan to Indiana University. This really means that we drive up there, load it in our trunk and drive down about 6 hours to hook it up at IU. The lists might be down for 8 hours or so, including the LFG list. It might take longer for the DNS change to propagate through the internet. We will minimize the downtime, but I will not risk a speeding ticket, and hopefully a better future is awaiting the LISTSERV on the long run.

Best wishes

Damir

--
Support the LINGUIST List with a donation:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

Dr. Damir Cavar
Associate Research Scientist
Faculty in the Dept. of Linguistics