[LFG] LFG-Conference domain name

Miriam Butt miriam.butt at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Sep 30 07:56:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

rather than Annie paying for it privately --- I am already paying for
some other official domain names and have an official budget for such
things, so please do continue keeping this domain name and have
LinguistList send me a bill.

And then we can also support LinguistList in some other on top of that.
But a bill will be easy and straightforward for me to deal with.

Best,

Miriam

On 30/09/15 08:55, Annie Zaenen wrote:
> Hi Damir,
>
> I’ll pay for it for next year but remind me of it and tell me how to do it in a couple of days: i am traveling now.
>
> Annie
>
>> On Sep 29, 2015, at 20:39, Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> the domain name:
>>
>> lfg-conference.org
>>
>> is expiring in October. I decided in 2014 to buy this domain and host
>> the LFG 2014 conference page in Ann Arbor on the site. Some time ago I
>> suggested that we could use it to host copies of past LFG-conference
>> sites (and all the new ones, too) on this domain (which we linked to one
>> of our LINGUIST List servers, i.e. it comes with some space for pages, too).
>>
>> We received some comments that it might be a good idea to keep the
>> domain and use the space to backup old conference sites. Since then no
>> further action followed (i.e. we did not get material to host, no
>> request by some other organizer to use the domain name or space etc.).
>>
>> The costs for this domain hosted at GoDaddy are in the rage of $ 18 plus
>> tax per year. LINGUIST could maintain this domain name and space, but we
>> have rather high server and domain name costs in general, but an
>> extremely low budget. If the LFG community wants to take over the domain
>> name and costs or rather support LINGUIST in some way so that it
>> maintains it, let us know. The expiration for the domain is 28th of
>> October this year.
>>
>> We can extend this reservation and pay for another year now, if there is
>> interest, and hopefully some of you will remember that, when we call for
>> LINGUIST support next time (in December this year, most likely). :-)
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>>

>> Best wishes
>>
>> Damir
>>

>> --
>> Damir Cavar
>> Department of Linguistics
>> Indiana University
>> Co-director and Moderator of
>> The LINGUIST List

Miriam Butt
FB Sprachwissenschaft
Universitaet Konstanz
Fach 184		Tel: +49 7531 88 5109
78457 Konstanz		Fax: +49 7531 88 4865
Germany		             +49 7531 88 5115

miriam.butt at uni-konstanz.de
http://ling.uni-konstanz.de/pages/home/butt

"That blackguard who uses the science of speech more to
blackmail and swindle than teach."
	You did it!, My Fair Lady