[LFG] XLE RULES formalism question

Ron Kaplan ron.kaplan at post.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 27 17:34:24 UTC 2016

Hi Damir,

This is something else.  This is defining ADVERBIAL as a meta-category whose right-side regular expression gets substituted into other rules in place of ADVERBIAL.  This is used to express grammatical generations (patterns shared by several rules) without constructing an extra level in the c-structure.  This, along with the related macro definitions, is for c-structure expansions what templates are for f-structure generalizations.

These are described  in the XLE documentation.

--Ron