More discussion of endangered languages

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 2 15:17:19 UTC 2002

Forward:

Message 1: ABC News story on endangered languages

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:27:44 -0500
From: Peter K. Austin <peterka at unimelb.edu.au>

I understand that US ABC News plans to run a story on its website
http://abcnews.go.com/ next Friday April 5th on the topic of endangered
languages. I contributed some materials for the story from my Australian
Aboriginal languages research but I have not seen the story nor the
planned website.

Hopefully it will be an accurate presentation and good publicity for the
documentation of endangered languages. Please feel free to publicise
through your lists and networks.

Best,
Peter

-
Prof Peter K. Austin
Foundation Chair in Linguistics
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Victoria 3010
AUSTRALIA

ph:  61-3-8344-5175
fax: 61-3-8344-8990
web: http://www.linguistics.unimelb.edu.au/people/staff/austin.html

** Editor's Note: LINGUIST List was also interviewed for this story.