Eight International Conference of the International AcademicLaw

Carol Myers-Scotton carolms at gwm.sc.edu
Wed Mar 13 10:37:42 UTC 2002

I received this message by mistake.  carol myers-scotton

Carol Myers-Scotton
Professor, Linguistics Program and
English Department
University of South Carolina
Columbia SC 29208 USA
Phone: (803)-777-2258
Fax: (803) 777-9064

>>> sindhdoc at vsnl.net 03/13/02 07:00PM >>>
Dear Pr. Genoveva Vrabie:

I'm glad to learn that the Universitatea "Mihail Kogalniceanu" is
hosting
the eighth International Conference of the International Academic of
Linguistic Law, 24 - 26 May 2002. I hope I can attend the Conference,
though it may be possible to submit the paper at this stage.
I'll be in Barcelona at the World Congress of Language Policies 16-20
April
2002, delivering a keynote address on Demography and language planning.

Later I'll be in Frankfurt and Heidelberg.
Some time back, I guess in 1993, I met Joseph Turi when I participated
in a
United Nations Conference on Language and International Law hosted by
the
University of Ottowa. Law Department and presented a paper on the
Indian
multilingual scene. Presently I'm associated with the Universal
Langugae
Rights Group at Barcelona, initiated with the support from UNESCO, and
member of the LINGUAPAX Scientific Committee for the World Congress of

Language Policies.
I look forward to get details of the Conference, With best regards,

Lachman Khubchandani, Director
Centre for Communication Studies
270 Sindh Society, Ganesh Khind
Pune 411007 INDIA