(3) International Network for Educational Linguistics as a Discipline

Nariyo Kono nariyo at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 16 06:09:13 UTC 2002

Yes, I would support the field.
My educational background/practices have been useful:

1. when I research within communities; 2. when I challenge traditional research paradigms/perspectives.

I think that developing a network like this will be helpful as well.  It might help us develop effective language policies and planning.  I would support the discipline AND the network.

Nariyo Kono, Ph.D.
Department of Culture and Heritage
The Confederated Tribes of the
Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon
P.O. Box 775 Warm Springs, Oregon 97761
Phone: (541) 553-2200; Fax: (541) 553-1899
Department of Applied Linguistics
Portland State University
P.O. Box 751 Portland, Oregon 97207-0751
Email: nariyo at mindspring.com