(6) International Network for Educational Linguistics as a Discipline (INFELAD)

Educational Linguistics educational_linguistics at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:20:59 UTC 2002

Very glad that some of you have eventually started to discuss educational
linguistics as a discipline. It seems quite helpful to hear Francis's ideas
borrowed from Halliday's.

However, at a time when multi- and inter-disciplinary studies have not yet
been very successfully developed, "trans-disciplinary" studies would
probably meet even more obstacles, I guess. Are scholars currently in
different disciplines prepared for this trans-disciplinary collaboration in
different "themes" or "areas"? Disciplinary walls are still high and thick,
I would say.

I personally find the following link very relevant to this discussion. See
whether any of you could get some "trans-disciplinary" or "non-disciplinary"
inspiration from this:

http://un2sg4.unige.ch/athena/raphael/raf_ath4.html

I think it is more important for us to concentrate on academic and
professional discussions and exploration rather than to find out whether a
message is written by a school pupil or a university chair if we are going
to value ideas per se rather than somebody's ideas.

INFELAD

*Please note that this is purely for academic/professional purposes.*