Fwd: VOA Online (Forward)

ronkinm at georgetown.edu ronkinm at georgetown.edu
Wed Apr 23 07:28:15 UTC 2003

If anyone's looking for the VOA materials I x-posted yesterday,
here's an update, with my apologies for the inconvenience. Maggie
-------------------------------
Date:  Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:57:47 +0800
From:  "Karen Chung" <karchung at ntu.edu.tw>
Subject:  Media: VOA on language

     If you are interested in this audio feature (announced over
LINGUIST 4/21/03) and can't find the link on the VOA site (I can't),
the downloaded file and a streaming audio link are available at the
following URL (I am using this report as the basis of an English
listening assignment for my NTU students).

     http://ccms.ntu.edu.tw/~karchung/VOA1.htm

     Karen Steffen Chung
     http://ccms.ntu.edu.tw/~karchung/
     http://www.topica.com/lists/phonetics/

Original post (Linguist 14.1155):

The 'Coast to Coast' feature of the April 18, 2003 edition of Voice of
America News Webcasts discusses the proposal to make English the
official language of the U.S., the state of foreign language education
in the U.S., and other language-related issues. Click here to link
directly to the RealOne audio file:

     http://www.voanews.com/real/voa/english/nnow/coasta.ram

     Or look for the 4/18/03 program here:

     http://voa-7.chntva1-dc1.genuity.net/Webcasts/index.cfm