Quebec Seeks to Ease Divisiveness

Alkistis Fleischer fleischa at georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 25 23:25:34 UTC 2003

Hello!
Yes, that's funny. I had never encountered the superlative of fun before, so
I assumed it was a typo! Sorry about that:-)

You're right about immigrants in Montreal wanting their kids to learn
English. (Of course this tells you something about the value of English in
the society at large.) I can confirm this for the Greek community in
Montreal, one of the older communities and very much anglicized, but I am
sure it also applies to more recent immigrant communities.

Alkistis Fleischer