Anybody Talk Delaware?

ronkinm at georgetown.edu ronkinm at georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 26 19:21:10 UTC 2003

ktalënixsi hàch?

  According to the University of Delaware, the Lenape Language
  Project is at the Delaware Tribal Headquarters in Bartlesville,
  Oklahoma. There is information on this project on the web.
  Below is a clip from a page "Ironman Triathlon for Delaware
  Language".

  What will be done with the money donated? - The Lenape
  Language Project's primary goal is to produce a multimedia
  dictionary. The entries will include: the word spelled in the
  accepted Lenape orthography, a phonetic rendition, part of
  speech, use in sample sentence(s), a sound file of the word
  being pronounced by a native speaker, and a photograph or
  illustration of the item the word represents. We anticipate this
  project will take 3 to 4 years.

  We have almost 1,000 audio and videotapes of the language
  made with various speakers. A great part of the expense of the
  project will go toward making archival quality copies.