Scotland's native language is heading for oblivion,

Survey Coordinator Brazil survey_coord_brazil at sil.org
Wed Feb 26 21:18:47 UTC 2003

Dear Christina,

I'm still reeling from the loss of Pictish.

Yes, I've come across a few stories of language revival in Brazil.  I too,
wonder if they're jungle legends, and that's why this workshop interests me.

Just got back Friday from a very interesting survey in a country to the
north of us.

In a few days we're off to do the Jaruara/Jamamadi/Banawa survey, that
nobody wants done.  I'm trying to pull off a workshop with the identical
text in all three languages.  Maybe by getting all parties together and
discussing this together, the truth will be self-evident.  I learned that
trick from the founding fathers.

Pray for me, I'm nervous about this one.

Stan