Renowned Kenyan author attacked

Ronald Kephart rkephart at unf.edu
Fri Aug 13 01:31:56 UTC 2004

At 8:50 PM -0400 8/12/04, P. Kerim Friedman wrote:
><http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3558050.stm>

This is disturbing. I met this marvelous person at a conference
(believe it or not) on Carriacou, Grenada, some years back. After his
lecture we talked about use of local languages in education in Kenya
and in the Caribbean (I was working on literacy in Creole English).

If anyone on the list knows how to reach him, please either let me
know or at least pass on to him my best wishes for a full recovery.

Ron