purification & pidginization

Bernard Spolsky spolsb at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Jan 13 06:23:10 UTC 2004

On loanwords in Navajo (30 years ago) see
Spolsky, Bernard, Holm, Agnes, & Holm, Wayne. (1973). English loan words in
the speech of young Navajo children. In Paul R. Turner (Ed.), Bilingualism
in the Southwest (pp. 227-239). Tucson, AZ.: The University of Arizona
Press.
Spolsky, Bernard, & Boomer, Lorraine. (1983). The modernization of Navajo.
In Juan Cobarrubias & Joshua A. Fishman (Eds.), Progress in language
planning: international perspectives (pp. 235-252). The Hague: Mouton.
Bernard Spolsky   spolsb at mail.biu.ac.il