Latino Parents Decry Bilingual Programs

Felicia Briscoe FBriscoe at utsa.edu
Tue Jul 20 12:03:46 UTC 2004

Lynn Goldstein brings up a pertinent point.  When you read the text of the
article, its not bilingualism that parents are objecting to, but the way the
bilingual programs are run.  And the problems discussed with the program are
what parents are concerned about.  The title of the article was VERY
misleading.  Why do you suppose this title was used?