LA Times on Ladino: Israelis Hoping They Won't Hear the Last Word on Ancient Dialect

Stan-Sandy Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Thu Jun 17 16:20:36 UTC 2004

Thank you for that tip.  I look forward to reading the book (I have a bit of a personal reason for reading it - figuring out my Norweigan Dad).  I find this phenomenon a sad one, but I see a lot of evidence for it.  Yesterday I saw a McCain's pizza commercial about how great it was to be Italian.  The  beautiful people in the commercial didn't speak with Italian accents...

Stan

n Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:20:18 -0700 (PDT)