MP-Lingualism - It's not what you think.

Bernard Spolsky spolsb at mail.biu.ac.il
Fri Oct 29 04:00:31 UTC 2004

I follow the habit of using plurilingualism for individuals and
multilingualism for societies.   In the real world, these refer to complex
patterns of language choice in societies (uneven distributions throughout
the sociolinguistic ecology) and related but equally uneven mixtures of
proficiencies among the speakers.
Bernard