Meskhetian Turks resettle in Philadelphia

Haroon Moghul moghul at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 16:42:26 UTC 2004

I was contacted a few months ago by an agency that was assisting these
refugees, and was looking for interpreters. Specifically, people who
spoke Turkish (as in Turkey's Turkish), Azeri, Uzbek or Russian... I
found the absence of 'Meskhetian' interesting. Though perhaps the
agency presumed fairly enough that there were likely too few people
who knew any Meskhetian dialects to serve that capacity.

I can try to contact this agency again for more information, and let
everyone know what I find...

Haroon Moghul