Movement to officialize English not dead

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 19 19:50:51 UTC 2005

Lynn and others:

I'm interested in the kinds of statistics in general that are used in
these kinds of claims.  Another message I sent around today (cloned from
USEnglish, I think) claimed that 92% of the world's countries have
official languages.  Is there anywhere that one can verify such claims?
Who keeps stats on these things?

HS