Language policy and languages other than English

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:34:55 UTC 2005

Members:

Let's remember, as Roland Breton reminds us discretely, that people do
scholarly research and write things about language policy in languages
OTHER THAN English sometimes! So if we're going to compile lists and
bibliographies, let's be multilingual.  (I admit guilt in this regard
myself.)

If anyone does come up with mega-lists, combining the materials found on
other lists, I will post them on our "Resources" page. In the meantime,
look there for some bibliographies I have already posted, including a
recent one on 'linguistic identity in the Balkans.'  (Again, regrettably,
most of it is only in English.)

HS