GURT 2006

Kendall King akk25 at georgetown.edu
Tue Aug 30 17:58:21 UTC 2005

Dear colleagues,
Below please find information about GURT 2006. We welcome your
participation in this upcoming conference and would be grateful if
you could distribute this notice across your networks.
With thanks and best wishes,
Kendall King

CONFERENCE NOTICE AND CALL FOR PAPERS

******PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY******

Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics 2006

Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties:

Defining, Documenting, and Developing

March 3-5, 2006

Washington, DC

Co-organizers: Kendall King & Natalie Schilling-Estes

Georgetown University Linguistics Department

The Faculty of Languages and Linguistics at Georgetown University is
pleased to announce the 2006 Georgetown University Round Table on
Languages and Linguistics (GURT). The theme of this year’s conference
is  ‘Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties:
Defining, Documenting and Developing’. GURT will take place on the
campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC, March 3-5.

Confirmed plenary speakers include Nancy Hornberger, William Labov,
Suzanne Romaine, Elana Shohamy, and Walt Wolfram. The conference will
also feature symposia organized by Joy Kreeft Peyton, Ofelia Garcia,
Teresa McCarty, Leena Huss & Pia Lane, and Cristina Sanz.

We invite proposals for colloquia, individual papers, and poster
presentations related to the conference theme.  The proposal
submission deadline is November 1, 2005.

For more details about the conference, please visit our website at
http://www.georgetown.edu/events/gurt/2006/

Kendall King, Ph.D.
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/akk25/
Please visit our GURT 2006 website: