World Congress on Language, Bangkok

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 1 13:25:11 UTC 2005

Forwarded from Philippe Doneys <pdoneys at gmail.com>

I am co-chair of a Track Committee on Language and Politics for the
World Congress on the Power of Language: Theory, Practice and
Performance, that will take place in Bangkok on May 23 to 25, 2006.

You can check the conference web site at

poweroflanguage.org

There are 11 Tracks, including Communication,  Education, Socio-
economic development, Politics, Law, Linguistics, Computer,
Literature, Translation, Minorities and Innovative issues regarding
language.

There is a call for papers with a deadline for abstracts of January
31, 2006. I would invite anyone from the Consortium interested in
submitting a paper, or in participating at the Congress, to go to the
conference's web site and write directly to the email address of the
respective Track.

As co-chair of the Track on Language and Politics, I invite members
of CLPP interested in participating or submitting a paper regarding
the interplay between the two fields. We are also looking for track
members to help us design track activities, such as roundtables,
symposia, etc., and we would welcome any suggestion from CLPP members
especially with regards to language policy and planning.

I thank you for your assistance and welcome questions regarding the
World Congress or more specifically the track on language and politics.

Best regards,

Dr. Philippe Doneys
Thammasat and Bangkok Universities
Bangkok, Thailand